Lecture 1, on March 30, 11:00-13:00 hrs, room 5111.0022
- The radiation sources
- Advanced synchrotron sources
- Advanced laser based sources
- X-ray free electron laser sources
Lecture 1 as pdf file
Supplementay material as pdf
Lecture 2, on April 4, 13:00-15:00 hrs, room 5161.0267
- Experiments, techniques and physics concepts for frequency (energy) and time domain.
- High energy resolution and ultra short time
Lecture 2 as pdf file
Physics of the High-Gain FEL and Superradiance (R. Bonifacio et al)
Lecture 3, on April 11, 13:00-15:00, room 5111.0022
- Time resolved angle resolved photoemission and band dispersion tr-ARPES. Also spin resolved.
- Time resolved core level spectroscopies.
- Time resolved optical spectroscopies.
Lecture 3 (part 1 and 2) as pdf file
Lecture 4, on April 20, 13:00-15:00, room 5111.0022
- Core level spectroscopies on strongly electron correlated materials.
- HR-ARPES on high temperature superconductors
- Resonant inelastic X-ray scattering on strongly electron correlated materials.
Lecture 4 as pdf file
Lecture 5, on April 27, 10:00-12:00, room 5161.0105
- TR-Core level spectroscopies on strongly electron correlated materials
- TR_ARPES on high temperature superconductors
- TR-Optical spectroscopies on HTSCs
Lecture 5 as pdf file
Lecture 6 as pdf file
Note : Prof. Parmigiani will be available to talk to the students for questions or discussion related to the lectures after the lecture time or every Tuesday from April 3rd to May 29th 2012 at 2:30 PM in room 5117-0014.